Apr 30, 2010
Apr 29, 2010
Apr 28, 2010
Apr 27, 2010
Apr 26, 2010
I hate this picture but Dwayne loved it. He said you can tell I was having fun (which I was). The margaritas were so good!! I had 2 :)
Someone sitting at the table (not mentioning names) had this fruity concoction. This person likes sweet adult beverages but like I said, I will not mention names ;)
I had the lovely slow-roasted filet with shrimp scampi and mashed potatoes. I cleaned my plate which I NEVER do. So delish and my apologies to the non meat eaters.
Now this is where your boy showed his behind. Why did he tell our lovely server he wanted to order the "Brotha platter" Why oh why?! It was called the Barbecue platter but y'all know what kind of fool Dwayne can behave like. Our server was so sweet and quite entertained by our shenanigans.
We laughed so much and made a couple new friends in the process. I think we will have to have date night a lot more often!
My friends at MomSelect and Suave Body Care sent me a full-size bottle of Suave Naturals Mango Mandarin Body Wash to try out. From the minute I flipped open the lid and took a sniff I knew I would love it. The rich, fruity scent is so yummy and honestly just as good as the high-end boutique products. If you are a frugal mom like me then you would see the value in this great bath product. The average cost of a 12 ounce bottle in under $3 so why would anyone want to pay $10 for practically the same thing?! Even better you can go here to sign up for a 50 cents off coupon that you can print directly from your computer. The great thing is you can use it in some stores that offer double coupons for even more savings! Now you can feel like you are indulging for a low cost. This body wash is a great way to start your morning, especially with the crisp citrus scent. I don't know about you but my shower time is the time I take for myself and I love having nice fragrances to make the experience blissful.
Not only was I provided with a bottle of Suave Naturals Mango Mandarin Body Wash for myself, but I also received one to give away to one lucky reader! As a bonus, Momfiles will throw in a bath sponge as well.
All you have to do it leave a comment telling us what fragrance you currently use from the Suave Body Care line or which new one you would like to try.
You can gain additional entries by Tweeting or Facebooking this contest. Leave a separate comment (limit 1 per day)
*Contest open to US Residents only. Giveaway ends May 5, 2010 at 9:00 EST. Winner will be selected by random.org. Good luck!
Apr 24, 2010
Apr 22, 2010
Apr 21, 2010
Apr 20, 2010
Apr 19, 2010
What gets you in the cleaning mood?
Apr 18, 2010
Apr 15, 2010
- Do not do your child's hair in the car. Seriously, there was someone in front of me doing that (hair grease and all) holding up the flow of traffic.
- If there are orange cones set up so cars do not go that way then please, DO NOT GO THAT WAY!
- Carpool is social hour for some parents. Please talk to each other. We don't want to hear your whining from 20 feet away. If you are talking from car to car, be mindful of the traffic behind you.
- If you talk on your cellphone, please use your "inside voice" in your vehicle.
- Please refrain from smoking in line. Not everyone enjoys second-hand smoke.
- Please DO NOT cut in line. Not cool at all.
- Park in designated parking spaces and stop being a lazy ass and wait in line like all the other parent do.
Apr 14, 2010
Apr 13, 2010
Apr 12, 2010
Apr 9, 2010
Apr 8, 2010
Apr 7, 2010
Every day, people from all walks of life are compared to the Energizer Bunny®, from celebrities and athletes to teachers and crossing guards. In 2006, the Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame, began as a way to honor those inspirational people for the energy and perseverance they demonstrate in their daily lives, no matter what challenges they might face. National Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr. was the first inductee. As the MLB record-holder for the most-consecutive games played (2,632), Ripken understands first-hand what it means to live life with a Keep Going® spirit.
“To live your life like the Energizer Bunny® means bringing enthusiasm and dedication to all that you do,” Ripken said. “Through the Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame, Energizer is proving that with the right attitude ordinary people can do extraordinary things.”
Today, there are five members in the Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame, and now through April 23, the search is on for the 2010 inductee. That person could be your colleague, your best friend or even you! Cal Ripken, Jr. and the Energizer Bunny® are looking for stories about unstoppable people who are living life with passion and verve. The inductee will earn a $10,000 cash prize and a $5,000 donation to his or her favorite charity. You can go here to nominate someone that you think deserves this honor! I can think of a good handful of wonderful people in my community that would be great nominees.
Giveaway-- The generous folks at Energizer have offered to give one lucky Momfiles reader the opportunity to win a 24 count pack of Energizer batteries. Here's how to enter:
--You can Tweet this giveaway
Example: Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame & Giveaway @momfiles http://blog.momfiles.com/2010/04/energizer-keep-going-hall-of-fame.html
or Facebook this giveaway, and please leave a separate comment/link for each entry to count. (one per day!)
--Follow me on Twitter @momfiles
--You can also place our button on your blog or follow us (please leave a blog link in your comment or specify if you are a new or current follower).
Be sure to have a visible email address in your comment if you do not have a Blogger profile. Giveaway is open to US residents only. Deadline to enter is April 23, 2010 at 09:59 pm EST.
Disclosure: I will receive a 24 pack of batteries for myself as compensation for spreading the word about this campaign.
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 5, 2010
* It is not nice to go through other people’s friends list and add them without knowing them. If you are just trying to have a lot of friends, this is not a good way.
* If you invite someone to join your network, site, mafias, farms, etc. or any other interest and they have not responded, this is a good sign they are NOT interested. Frequent invites are annoying and need to stop.
* If you send too many virtual gifts to others, you might get blocked from their stream.
* It is not cool to use a fake name or picture. It can hinder you from people you actually know from adding you.If you go as Mike "Keepin'itPimpin" Johnson and you have a profile pic of Lil Wayne, chances are you will NOT get added.
* Cursing on your status or on someone’s wall. In my book that is almost instant deletion. Keep it clean, you never know who can see it. I have a teenager on FB so I respect her.
* If someone removes you as a friends leave it alone. They had their reasons so don’t be childish sending daily requests and messages asking why you deleted them.
* If you keep your wall closed and do not allow comments on any of your photos, status or notes then why are you on FB is the first place??
* Do not friend strangers just to pitch your business to them. Collecting email addresses from your “friends” is just wrong. I do not want to buy your organic juice, host a party or purchase panties that will make me melt away my fat. Thanks, but no thanks!!
* If you have an issue with someone or have something personal to discuss DO NOT post it on their public wall. Inbox them. There are some things that should never be publicized.
* It might be a good idea to not tag someone in a photo that could cause humiliation or problems for them. I have seen people in provocative photos posted by others. While on the subject of photos, you might want to be careful what you post. Jobs are looking at FB and a lot of people have been terminated over FB. It’s not that important people!
Please, if you have anything to add by all means we want to hear it!!
The pollen count in our area has been off the charts!! I truly never thought I would want rain on Spring break but we need it so badly. All you see outside is clouds of pollen flowing through the air. I have really been affected this year more than the previous ones. I guess because it is so much warmer and drier. Please rain, please. The girls are home this week so we plan to do some random things locally and then we have a little weekend getaway planned.
So how was your weekend??