Oct 31, 2008
"I have been with so and so long enough that he/she loves me and I don't need to impress him/her"
You're kidding me right? Think that if you want! I speak primarily to the ladies when I say this... When your husband/boyfriend first knew you and you wore makeup or dressed a certain way, chances are that impressed him. Just because you have been together for years does not mean you should feel so comfortable and think he does not care if you wear makeup or take the time to dress nicely. Don't you want your mate to still "check you out"?? I know I do! Hey, I don't ever want Dwayne to try to get me signed up to go on an episode of What not to wear. Stacy and Clinton are no joke! Then again, 5 grand to purchase a new wardrobe would be amazing!! **Dwayne I would still make you suffer if you did that to me!
I am not a know-it-all (hate those types) but I do know how to keep a relationship alive. Ladies, I know you are not a machine but you have to find a way to show that man that you get better with time (not the opposite). Fellas, we still love all the silly pickup lines you dropped to get us in the first place. My hubby tells all young men getting ready to get married, or you let him tell you get locked up for life with no parole, "Always treat your wife like she is your girlfriend". That simple advice works like a charm. Trust me, we have been together for 20 years. I still want the same person when we are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary to try to grab a little booty in front of our guests. Even though I shove him when he does it, I know I love it :) I still am impressed with the fact that Dwayne still holds the door for me, buys me flowers often, brings home 'little' things he knows I love, and behaves like the crazy fool I have always known him to be. Why would I want a different person? I expect him to still do whatever it takes to impress me. **Especially when I get fat commission checks in hand!
If you want a long healthy relationship I would suggest you always try to impress your mate. Just my two cents.
Oct 30, 2008
Oct 28, 2008
Oct 27, 2008
On another note, I know that if Dwayne reads this he will be talking about my junky drawers. Look, I have a few junky drawers in different parts of the house and that will never change. I keep random things like paper clips, pens, batteries, screws, coins, stamps, and all kids of odd items in these drawers (some things are actually useful). Shoot, Dwayne has even found things he needed in the junky drawers.
Do you keep a lot of "STUFF" that you think you need?
Do you have a junky drawer/s in your home? If so, what can be found in it?
Oct 25, 2008
Maybe I am just too mature (I refuse to call myself old!) to appreciate TV choices of today.
Oct 23, 2008
Someone had to win and someone had to lose. It's life.
Chardie did something out there on the floor that most girls don't master until high school or are not skilled enough to attempt. She was jump serving her butt off! You should have seen the little powerhouse! She is one of the tiniest girls on the team but can play like a true champ. She received so much praise from other players, parents, and even folks from the other school! We all encouraged her and let her know that she did the best she could. This did not make her feel any better, tears were still falling. I had a small victory gift at the house for both girls for whether they won or lost. It brought a little smile to her face. We then went out to dinner and she had a double serving of dessert. Ah, ice cream covered in hot fudge sauce and M&M's the way to a girl's heart! Still, she was a little sluggish. Papo brought home a gift which was a funny card and what else but a brand new volleyball! Now the girl was looking like the child we know! She came up to our room and chatted with us about the game. Even though she was not happy with the end result she accepted things for what they were. She now knows what it is like to lose. She knows that you have to lose some time. She still wants to get out there and work hard. She is a winner.
To end this sad story here is the best part. Briahnna is trying out for the team next year because she says "I want a shot to BEAT Blythewood!!!!" That's my competitive baby! She's got as much heart as her big sister. I love those girls!! I am proud of them always.
Oct 22, 2008
**Dwayne: Oh, I got something to say- (FELLAS) Don'tcha hate it when you are walking in the mall with your child, and the females come up to you and start talking , and the wife thinks you are doing something to make the women come over. For instance, William and I were in the store last weekend in the boy's section while Shell and the girls were in the Juniors' section. This store employee comes over and starts talking about how William is soooo cute. William grabs the woman's finger and is just smiling away. I try to get William to let go, then he starts whipping that killer smile (with a little laughter mixed in) on the lady, she melts, and her man (behind the counter) is looking at me like I'm trying to holla at her. Then William lets go and the lady walks off all looking back, sashaying her big butt around, now her man wants to mean mug me, and I'm like dude that's your problem. Then Shelly and the girls walk up looking at me like I'm using William as a chick magnet. Shell and the girls are like mmm hmm! So I'm like What!? I try to explain and then Shell and the girls look at William and he is like DA DA DA DA, so he is trying act like he has no idea of we're talking about. When Shell and the girls walk off, William looks at me and laughs. I'm like playa that was foul, and he just laughs. Man I hate that ! Peace
Oct 20, 2008
Oct 17, 2008
Oct 16, 2008
Ismail, I am glad that you have come up with something for our youth. Being a single mother, I am always seeking different avenues for my children to explore to aide them in being productive citizens/youth in our community. I am just so glad that this program will not only reach the youth, jobs skills, but also teach them how to utilize what they have learned in everyday life. Ismail, you the man!!!! Thank you again for a program that will open may opportunities for our youth!!!!
Today will be my day to behave like a kid and just enjoy life with my family. I will post some photos tomorrow. I hope you all have a great day!
Oct 15, 2008
- you are getting ready to cook or bake something and you realize you are all out of something important like flour, sugar or rice.
- you catch yourself singing songs in the car off of Noggin/Nick Jr (preschool songs mind you). Can't get enough of those Blue's Clues.
- you are ready to take a sip of your nicely chilled, been waiting to drink you all day wine or cocktail and you suddenly hear baby cries or whines. Beverage gets warm :(
- you accidentally spill perfectly good adult beverage. What a waste!
- one of your family members did not cover their food when they used the microwave and tried to do the quick wipe up instead of a full clean, and think I would not notice those nasty streaks.
Well that about does it for me, it's now your turn to gripe. You know you want to. Hit us up in the comments :)
Oct 13, 2008
Oct 10, 2008
Oct 9, 2008
Oct 8, 2008
- you get in the self checkout lane at the store (especially during the busier hours) and you get behind a "first timer" that not only does not know what she is doing, but dares to have like 20 items over the limit. Idiot.
- you buy something today (open it up and use it) only to find it on clearance the next day.
- you get all showered, dressed up, and pretty then your precious baby spits up all over you.
- you neatly pack up a box for shipping to someone special and after you tape it up, you realize you forgot to put the card in the box.
Well, I want everyone too see that I did not use my Don'tcha hate it when.... Wednesday to trash talk my hubby. **Of course this has nothing to do with that FAT bonus check you have sitting in the bank that I am forbidden to touch even though it's calling my name
Now folks, it's your turn to let us know what drives you mad. Hit us up in the comments...
Oct 7, 2008
Oct 2, 2008
Do you eat out a lot? Could you and your family live off of fast food?
Oct 1, 2008
- you get the opportunity to shop on another person's dime and can't find a single thing you want?
- you go take take the last sip of your what was once steaming hot coffee and it's cold. UGH!
- you have like a couple dozen blog stalkers that visit everyday, yet have never left a single comment?
- the day you actually order fast food (cause you were craving those crispy fries) and you get home and guess what? No fries.
- you try to sneak and get some crispy fries (because if the whole family knew you would end up spending like $30) and you still end up getting caught. Now I look like the bad mom.
Don'tcha hate it when....(Dwayne)
- you need 5 more minutes of sleep and all you can hear is your wife yelling your name..Example "DWAYNE? - DWAYNE?! .. Get Up!!!"
- after you don't get up, your wife strategically places coffee next to the bed and stirs the cup like it's an Olympic event.
- your wife finally gives up trying to wake you up, and you think you can get 5 more minutes to sleep, and then the dog starts barking. (I think my wife taught him that). Y'all say it with me .. Now that's some BullS%#t!
- your wife smiles when you say 'OK OK I'm up'.
Don'tcha hate it when.... (Sheliza)
- your hubby thinks he can use hate it when Wednesdays to bash his perfect wife.
- your dumb ass hubby has the nerve to complain that the coffee is cold by the time he finally gets out of the bed.
Alright, we better stop before things get too ugly around here. Y'all know what to do, hit us up in the comments...