Have you guys heard about the new show on E! called Married to Jonas? I can't believe Kevin Jonas is all grown up and married! Kevin and his young wife Dani make the most adorable couple. Their show will chronicle their new life together as a married couple and also give a peek into their new families... with the in-laws! Oh, they have some very interestingly fun times ahead! Married to Jonas airs on Sunday's 10/9c.
It got me to thinking, being so young and married is not easy. You think things will be as perfect as the day you met, but man oh man do things change! It is important to get some good advice from seasoned couples to make sure you do all you can to make things work. Since I have been married for over 18 years, I feel like I know a thing or two. Here is my top ten list of marriage tips to Kevin and Dani and to all the newlyweds out there.
- Always try to impress each other. If the woman wore make-up and heels while dating, still do it. If the man dressed well and wore nice cologne, keep it up. Don't fall into the trap that your significant other loves you and there is no need to impress them anymore. Don't let yourselves go!
- Ladies, if you and your man are lost in the woods somewhere and he tells you to wait in a specific spot, stay your butt right there. I confess that as a woman, I tend to want to show my man that I can hang and end up getting both of us in more trouble!
- Gentleman, always tell your woman how beautiful she is. Don't tell her that because the world is always saying how beautiful she is that she knows you feel the same. She wants to hear it from YOU!
- Always appreciate each other. Never forget to thank your mate for all the little things.
- Ladies, let your man be a man. They need time to blow off steam and do "boy things". Perhaps not the same things they did when they were single, but you get the idea.
- Be honest each and every day. If you don't like something about your mate, tell them! Holding back never helps things.
- Give each other space. There will be times that you both drive each other crazy. Take some time away from each other. You don't have to be joined at the hip 24/7.
- Have a sense of humor. You can't take every single thing so seriously. Laughter is so important to balance out all the serious stuff.
- Ladies, this is important. Be a lady in the street and a freak in the sheets. Seriously, just keeping it real!
- My last tip is very important and it is for the men. Gentleman, just know that the woman is always right. It will make for a lasting and happy marriage. It's as easy as that!
One lucky Momfiles reader will win a fantastic In-Law Survival Kit ($112 value)
The kit will include:
· Stress Relief - Eucalyptus Spearmint Sugar Scrub
· Bliss Fabulous Skin-Reviving Rubberizing masks
· Soothing Herbal Tea
· Aromatherapy Spa Stress Relief - Shea Butter & Cedarwood Reed Diffuser
· $15 iTunes Gift Card
· EarPollution Plugz Headphones
Enter below in the Rafflecopter widget.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to US Residents only and will end on Sept 7. Be sure to leave your email address in case you are selected as the winner. Please be sure to follow entry rules. Momfiles is not responsible for any lost of stolen prizes. Good luck!
I will receive the same prize package as the giveaway winner for posting. No other compensation was received and all thoughts/opinions are 100% my own.