When your kids tell you they are bored you can respond with:
- How about going outside and pulling some weeds from the garden and alongside the house? Why not increase the fun by mowing the lawn? Um, you mean like out in the sun? Where you sweat?
- How about we go buy 10 Sunday newspapers and clip all the coupons so we can go out on and extreme couponing shopping adventure! They will quickly run away because they don't want to be humiliated pushing 6 carts through the store.
- Would you like me to have your dad sit you down for one of his lectures? If your husband is like mine, he can talk 'em to tears!
- Go clean the baseboards, ceiling fans and kitchen cabinets. I think my kids would be rolling their eyes in their mind :)
- How about going to the dentist? You can get a cleaning and see what else they find that can be taken care of! If you told me this I would RUN!
- Go bathe the dog and then blow dry him. Wet dog smell on a teenage girl? Not happening!
- Go read a book. They get all huffy because they felt like that's all they did when school was in session.
- Wanna help paint some rooms in the house? This starts off as fun and after a few swipes they usually start to whine.
I have tested these out and they all worked the very first time. You can thank me later! ;-)