Every busy mom knows how hard it can be to fit exercise into their daily routine. We spend so much time cleaning up spills and settling sibling disputes that finding time to exercise can seem impossible. We all know what a physically demanding job it is to chase after kids all day, but sadly, that’s not all the exercise we need in a day.
We worry about our kids eating the right foods and getting the perfect amount of exercise, but sometimes we forget to take some time out strictly for ourselves and our own health. Read on to find some quick and easy suggestions for exercises that will fit perfectly into any busy mom’s daily routine.
As a busy mom, quick bursts of exercise throughout the day are your best friend. These little sessions might not seem like much at the time, but they add up fast. Take a lesson from your toddler: Your house is a gym waiting to be discovered.
1. While cooking breakfast in the morning, use the time in between preparing food for the little ones and washing dishes to get in some reps. Do some standing push-ups on the countertop. This is a great way to work out your shoulders and arms. Start with 10, then add 5 more push-ups every couple days. Your arms will be toned in no time!
2. Invest in some cheap dumbbells. Most big box stores carry reasonably priced weights, which are great for fitting in a quick workout while your kids are watching TV or playing. It’s easy to keep an eye on them while fitting in a few sets of reps after breakfast.
3. Turn your exercise routine into fun for the whole family. The kids will never complain about getting outside and stretching their legs, so work an afternoon walk to the park into your day whenever it’s nice out.
4. Jumping jacks are a great way to get a full body workout anytime, anywhere. Your kids will love doing them too! It’s a great way for you to get in shape, and for them to let out some of that pent up energy.
5. Wear clothing that can easily transition from your daily look into workout clothes. That way if the opportunity presents itself, you’re workout ready and can easily jump into a routine without having to find the motivation to pick out athletic attire. If you’re looking for some affordable, cute athletic wear that seamlessly blends fashion with functionality, check out the athleisure brand Fabletics. They offer fashionable athleisure that looks just as good when you’re wearing them to the grocery store as they function during your workouts.
6. Become a sports coach for your new favorite team: Your family! Depending on their age, the kids will love playing soccer or basketball in the yard to end a perfect day of exercise. It’s a great way for you to burn off calories after dinner, and most importantly, it’ll keep them busy.
As you can see, there are countless ways for busy moms to get in shape throughout the day. We just need to be creative and see the world as our playground, just like our kids do