Fast forward to now. I have seen the whole Instant Pot pressure cooker craze circulating around social media, so I took a look and did some research. I added like 8 different ones from different brands to my wishlist. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever buy one. The fear was too real and I had no idea what an electric pressure cooker would do. Would it be noisy? Will it explode? I had a few blog friends buy one during one of those big Amazon one-day sales and they swore it was the greatest thing ever. One day I was looking on Amazon and decided to
|Click on image for full info|
I have had my pressure cooker for a few months now and use it 3-5 times per week. It quickly became my absolute favorite appliance in the kitchen. Below are the reasons I love my Cuisinart pressure cooker:
- You can brown, saute, and simmer.
- It can be used as a rice cooker and takes only 3 minutes too cook for white/basmati/Jasmine rice.
- It has high and low pressure settings with timer.
- Keep warm feature is perfect for keeping food hot if you're not eating right away
- I use it even when not using the pressure option
- Even, fast cooking
- You can make soups, stews, curry, chili and more.
- Perfect size, not too big or too small
- Easy to clean with a non-stick pot. Didn't think I'd care for the non-stick surface, but it's really great.
- Self-locking lid prevents accidents. This helped with my fear
- The pressure knob can't pop off while cooking. You have to manually jiggle it and pull to get it off.
- The texture of food doesn't change like it would using a slow cooker
- It is SO EASY to use
- Pretty stainless steel finish that shockingly stays clean
- I AM NO LONGER AFRAID! YAY!!
If you have been thinking about buying an electric pressure cooker or if you are scared to death of them, I highly recommend the Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker (Stainless Steel). I am going to purchase a second one so I can use them both at the same time. I know for a fact that this will be the most used appliance in my kitchen. I need to donate my old dinosaur pot now that I think about it.
This cooker would make a great gift for yourself, a wedding, house warming or for the holidays. Trust me, anyone would be thrilled to unwrap this from under the tree! If you are on the fence, you should try this one out. If you decide to purchase one, please let me know.
**This post contains affiliate links.