The main focus behind the kit was to get me talking about women's constipation and how Dulcolax for Women can help. The first thing that stuck out to me was that it was 'gentle enough for sensitive stomachs'. This is a good thing since most laxatives can give you severe stomach pain. I am so glad to have this on hand since one of my daughters will be going away on a week-long trip and generally comes home feeling constipated. I know they will get put to good use! Here are some points about Dulcolax:
- Dulcolax Laxative Tablets for Women have a comfort coating that protects the stomach and helps women's bodies relieve constipation.
- Gives women the gentle help they want, and the strength they need for effective constipation relief.
- They provide dependable, overnight relief from occasional constipation in 6-12 hours.
- Dulcolax Women is now available in 25-count packs and sold at local retailers nationwide.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should always ask their health care provider before taking Dulcolax Laxative Tablets.
Here is some great information from Dr. Jennifer Wider (Medical Adviser for Cosmopolitan Magazine and the Society for Women's Health Research) for "Unmentionable Women's Health Tips:
Ladies, talk more openly about the 'C-word'- Constipation!
Research shows that women suffer from constipation more frequently than men, but preventing and treating constipation is almost always simple if you address it like any other health problem. Buying a Dulcolax product or discussing your condition with your doctor can be the first step toward relief.
If pregnant and constipation is persistent, talk with your doctor about an OTC Option
About half of pregnant women experience constipation at some point during their pregnancy. If the usual steps taken to treat your constipation, such as changes to your diet and lifestyle, are not working, your OBGYN may recommend an OTC oral laxative to help. With a comfort coating that protects your stomach and helps you gently relieve constipation, Dulcolax Laxative Tablets for Women can be an effective constipation option to keep you regular. It also provides overnight relief in 6 to 12 hours.
Some heatlhy (and simple) steps to stay constipation free
The good news is that although constipation is common, you can take some easy steps to help prevent it from occurring. These steps include:
- Make sure to include enough fiber in your diet, which includes eating more fruit, vegetables, wholegrain, nuts, and oats. A sudden increase in fiber may make you feel bloated so increase your increase gradually.
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration-and try to cut back on your intake of caffeine, alcohol, and fizzy drinks.
- The toilet is your friend; make sure not to ignore it! If you have the urge to go to the toilet but ignore it, you an significantly increase your chances of experiencing constipation.
- Remember that the best time to use the toilet for "#2" is the first think in the morning or 30 minutes after a meal.
- Exercise! Exercise! Exercise! Regular exercise will reduce your risk of getting constipation.
I really hope you get a lot out of this information as I did. If you would like more information on Dulcolax products or more tips on fighting constipation, check out the Dulcolax website.