May 29, 2007
May 28, 2007
May 22, 2007
May 21, 2007
Look at all the FREE samples I got today in the mail (8 in all)!! My hubby knows he needs to stop giving me a hard time because I do not have to keep running the store to spend $$ on health and beauty and household items. Leave a comment and let us know who the sensible one is. I will enter your name twice for the FREE gift card contest!
May 17, 2007
May 16, 2007
Here are some amazing before and after shots of my girls' hair. I used the Chi straightening iron and this was the result! The actual straighting tool cost me $130, but overall was a good investment. They both have the thickest, curliest hair that is so hard to manage. Relaxers are too harsh and expensive so it was highly recommended that I get the Chi iron. I would definitely recommend it to others as well.
The crazy expression comes from their dad's (aka "bad boy") side of the family!
May 15, 2007
May 14, 2007
May 13, 2007
May 12, 2007
Coming across a homeowner willing to liquidate the property at this stage is priceless. I say this for 2 specific reasons...
(1) Partnership: There's a lot of external pressure on the homeowner(s) at this time. The home loan lender is calling, and most likely so are other creditors. The environment in the home is very challenging for everyone. If you are in a position to bring a "SOLUTION" to the homeowners problems. You place yourself in a very favorable position. Always remember "foreclosure is an emotional process" to deal with from a homeowners perspective. Partnering with the homeowner(s) to solve their problem is where you want to be. As a partner you are someone they can trust, someone who is honest in their dealings, compassionate, and professional. The best win/ win deals are created here in my opinion. Having worked to structure many foreclosure purchases for my investor clients, I have seen the stage one strategy work many of times. This is the best way to ensure you get the deal.
(2) Lack of Competition. When a person is trying to Profit from Foreclosures! Speed is very important. I remember back in 1997, the ultimate deal that got away from me because of my fear of moving forward. I was so afraid that I would make a mistake that I literally made the mistake of taking my time. I read a quote once that says " you can't steal second base in slow motion". After losing my deal, believe me I understood that quote very well. I often drive past that home on Oakland Avenue just to remind myself of what non-action can do. Anyways, when you deal in stage one, the delinquency phase, you do not face much competition from fellow investors. Trust me in Foreclosure Deals there is no honor amongst investors, each man or woman for themselves. I am not writing from a fairy tale story. I am writing from in the trenches. I have counted money that was taken at the last moment by some slick talking investor who got a tip that the house I was working on was in play. This is in the trenches talk. Oops, I am rambling again- sorry.
When you have a homeowner partnering with you. They are more likely working with just you. They may have gotten your information from a trusted friend of theirs. However, when stage two comes into play. The flood gates open and your homeowner will have more investors coming at them, like an A rated celebrity has paparazzi on Oscar night, and everyone wants to get that one perfect shot.
Your homeowner will begin to get mail solicitations, phone solicitations, and investors just showing up at the door. Remember "foreclosure is an emotional process", and with your homeowner meeting all these new investors with their solutions. Well, let's just say, you begin to move down the totem pole. With each new investor singing to the choir, your homeowner starts to hesitate on moving forward with your deal even if it is the best solution. Do not take this personal. The homeowner is only seeking what they perceive to be the best "SOLUTION" for them.
Now can you understand why I say stage one is the best stage to create win/ win solutions? So go for it, and remember "You can't steal second base in slow motion".
May 9, 2007
I received a few emails about my upromise.com
recommendation. It is important that I mention a few facts.
- This is a Free program to join and it is designed to help families save money for college education. It will also help those that have Sallie-Mae student loans decrease their balance.
- To sign up you must enter a grocery card, debit card , or credit card at time of signing up.
- When you shop at different locations, money will be credited to your child's account if the product you buy is a sponsored partner of upromise.com
Example Yesterday we had to purchase
- Tylenol Allergy due to the allergies that run crazy in our home. We used our debit card that we have registered with upromise.com .By using that particular debit card, 2% of our purchase price will be credited to our college saving account.
- I grabbed some Bic Razors and we had 3% of the purchase price credited to our account.
- Last stop, Pep Boys Auto where I purchase items to clean the car like tire shine, car wash, car deodorizer, etc.. and had 2 % credited.
See how easy it is to accumulate? 2% here and 3% there can really add up. Just by doing my normal shopping. This is like FREE MONEY! I am now having my mom and father join. Then I am going after the in-laws, aunts, uncles, pretty soon I'll have the whole family reunion contributing to my kids college education. Hey, every little bit helps.
May 8, 2007
May is also a great time for you to take inventory of all your personal belongings. Take the time to document your personal assets. As we have seen here in the United States, Mother Nature has really been ticked off at us. Why? That is another post for another day. Right now we must learn from her that a hurricane, flood, snow storm, or tornado can strike at anytime. Therefore, having your assets documented via an excel spreadsheet (with serial numbers and photos), or video taped, and stored with your insurance agent can protect you later on.
As mentioned previously, expect oil prices to reach over $70.00 a barrel by summer. What does this mean to you ? It means gas prices will climb to $4.00 a gallon for the average cost across the nation.
Great time to join the FREE program Upromise and start saving for your child's education. Mobile Gas is offering 1 cent per gallon of gas donated to your child's account. Those pennies can sure add up!
Click here to sign up: Upromise - Join millions of families who are discovering a whole new way to save for college
May 6, 2007
Our Family went to the "Spring Fling" carnival that was held at our little one's elementary school. It was loads of fun! We watched the kids bounce around all over the place, ate corndogs and pizza, and Big Daddy can never stay away from the bake sale!! He says he has to give every effort to "support his child's school".
The kids went on a hayride, we viewed all the cool things the vendors had to offer and the kids had their hair spray painted blue and orange!
We had such a nice time together and were all Spring Flinged out for the year!
May 4, 2007
* Wife made put this: "I am really excited about being a part of momfiles.com, my wife was right, and I will obey the momfiles.com rules".
Man, censorship already... on my first post! Fellas, I will need your help to back me up on here. Make sure to help me out by commenting on my post. But in my manly defense, (wife is looking over my shoulder), I 'll just shut up here. Take care everyone and have a great day. Ismail "the Great" ! Go Boy POWER!