Dec 31, 2007
Happy New Year to all and more updates to come....
Dec 17, 2007
Dec 13, 2007
- Starbucks. I know the difference between decaf and regular so there is no tricking me.
- Aleve and Advil. Tylenol is like candy to me.
- Allegra D, I sure could use one right now!
- Beer and Margaritas...especially on date night at a sports bar.
- Complaining about my "fat" belly.
- Wearing normal clothing.
- Climbing stairs with ease.
- Playing (badly) volleyball, badminton, or basketball with the girls outside.
- Cutting grass. One of my twisted obsessions, I LOVE it!
- Lifting things without my family screaming at me for being hard headed.
Other than those things, I really am enjoying my pregnancy. I am enjoying the attention and care I get from even strangers in the stores. My husband has been showing a 'sensitive side' that he will deny in a minute! I feel pretty this time around. My family is spoiling me. I get many more foot and shoulder massages. I get to sit and watch nonsense on TV with my legs propped up while eating whatever I want at that time. I love getting phone calls from all my friends and family just to check on me (it means a lot).
I think I can handle pregnancy for a few more months! ;)
Dec 11, 2007
Dec 7, 2007
Nov 27, 2007
Just wanted everyone to know that I have developed a new division of Financial Options, LLC. This new division is called FO Funding. Check out the website http://www.fofunding.com/
Our team will provide advance cash for lawsuits and legal claims. If you are involved in an lawsuit and you need cash now. Call me! Dwayne -803-223-9385
If you're an attorney and you need cash to cover mediation, depositions, or some other case related cost. Call me! Dwayne - 803-223-9385
Nov 19, 2007
Nov 14, 2007
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 4 hours 55 minutes Servings: 10
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham 2 Extra Servings Pie Crust
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 2/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition.
2. Place crust on baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture in crust. Bake on baking sheet at 350°F about 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
3. In small bowl combine sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
4. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
Nov 9, 2007
Nov 8, 2007
Nov 7, 2007
Nov 6, 2007
Nov 5, 2007
I know you're all wanting to know...is it a girl or a boy? Watch the video to find out! Be sure to turn the speakers up!
After the numerous phone calls, emails and text messages, I was totally exhausted. My first son Milo climbed on top of me and we took a well deserved nap.
Oct 30, 2007
Oct 27, 2007
Your skin does take on a glow - and there is a physiological explanation for it. As your blood volume increases throughout your pregnancy, superficial blood vessels carry more blood which can be seen on your face. In addition, your oil glands are secreting more, so you naturally have a glow without any additional exertion.
Hmm, I'm still not sure I buy it, but people have been referring to pregnant woman as glowing for ages. Who am I to argue.
Oct 25, 2007
Oct 23, 2007
This was one of those "Wait! I'm not ready yet!!" kind of photos. LOL!
Oct 13, 2007
This is my 4 month baby bump shot. I have a little confession to make. The photos above were of me eating cake two separate times! We were at a wedding and Dwayne did not want a slice of cake. I insisted he needed to get a slice anyway. He said "no, I don't want it". I said "yes you do!" He says, "no really, I don't want it". I then said in a demonic sounding voice "GO GET THE CAKE NOW!!!!" I had two slices of cake... for the baby of course~!
Oct 11, 2007
Oct 9, 2007
Oct 8, 2007
Oct 2, 2007
After speaking with the nurse, I was led back to the lab room to have 6 vials of blood drawn. I am so glad I am fearful of that because that was a lot at one time! I asked "what all do you screen for". I think I was told about 50 things and can only remember maybe 2! Oh, and I gained one whopping pound in the last 3 1/2 weeks! My appointment was so quick (less than 20 minutes). I remember when I was having my girls, appointments took forever and I would have to have to have my finger pricked so they could test my blood every time. I am glad I do not have to do that! I see the doc on Monday so I will update you all on anything new. I think I will be able to have my BIG ultrasound to determine the sex in less than 6 weeks. I am looking forward to it! I will post when I find out!
Sep 29, 2007
Today, Shelly had to put away the Honey- DO list because BIG DADDY is going FISHIN' . That is right FISHIN' not fishing (as ladies would say). This is my Manly-Man day and I was able to spend it with my Pops. The MAN that helped create the 8th wonder of the world.
I know the ladies are probably saying... " He needs to be home taking care of my girl, cutting the yard, painting, or something else besides doing some boring MANLY fishing".
Therefore, I have to say this for all the MEN in the Unites States of America and all the MEN globally.
Today I am man, Today I connect with nature, Today I connect with my brothers who bond over a simple pole, water, and bait. Today I ponder life and all it's mysteries. Today is the day my wife can not make me cut the grass, wash the car, or clean the gutters. Why? You ask me why? I'll tell you why. Because Today is the day I, as a MAN with my rightful HONOR as a MAN, I AM, goin' FISHIN' ---- NUFF SAID..
Sep 26, 2007
Gummi Bears, Monchichi, Shirt Tails, Pound Puppies, Smurfs
Wrestling (Junk Yard Dog, Jake the Snake, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant )
Also the movies.....Breakfast club, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Buellers Day Off
Luke and Laura's wedding on General Hospital
Carebears, Cabbage Patch Kids, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, My little pony
Michael Jackson's thriller music video
Punky Brewster, The Cosby Family, Family Ties, Alf, A Different World
Princess Diana's wedding....I remember watching it, oh yeah and the Princess Di hairdo
The Bangles, Prince, El DeBarge, Public Enemy, LL Cool J, Boy George, Wham, Madonna, New Edition, MC Hammer (and his pants), Whitney Houston (before Bobby Brown!)
BIG hair on the girls, neon colored clothes, jelly shoes and belts, Jordache jeans
The guys had a "tail" on the back of their head. Break dancing!
If you were around during that era, what are your favorite (and not so favorite) memories??
Sep 24, 2007
Sep 19, 2007
Sep 17, 2007
On Sunday our family attended the USC Women's volleyball game here in Columbia. Our girls were a part of the ball crew. Their job was simple, keep your eyes out for the balls and pass them along to the next crew member so they players always had a ball ready when they are. Dwayne and I had to brace ourselves because these women were VERY strong athletes and we just knew one of the girls were going to get smacked by a loose ball. Luckily they managed not to get hit and made it through. Girls, if you are reading this... note to self: never turn my back! Check out a clip.
Sep 16, 2007
Sep 11, 2007
Aug 30, 2007
Aug 28, 2007
Aug 23, 2007
Aug 20, 2007
Aug 13, 2007
Aug 9, 2007
Aug 2, 2007
Aug 1, 2007
Jul 24, 2007
Jul 20, 2007
Jul 19, 2007
Anyway, I was getting up from my chair to walk upstairs to go on mom duty when I looked over at the trash can right next to me and this is what I saw.
~Now keep in mind, I was very sleepy and could not focus too well.
How sad that I thought it was a snake! In fact it was the old phone cord that I put in there last night. I screamed sooo loud that my kids thought there could be an intruder in the house or something just as bad. I could barely breathe for like 20 seconds. I felt so stupid afterwards. Now if my hubby was there he would have done a video blog post and probably talk so much trash about me. Now that is quite a way to wake up in the morning I have to say! I sure did not need coffee today!
Jul 18, 2007
Jul 13, 2007
- You made cakes in your Easy Bake Oven.
- You made snow cones with your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.
- You made Shrinky-Dinks.
- You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.
- You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer. (top of my list!)
- You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics.
- You had the Donnie and Marie dolls.
- You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
- You had a crush on Deney Terrio from Dance Fever.
- It was cool to have the "Dorothy Hamill" hairstyle.
Jul 8, 2007
Jul 5, 2007
Jul 2, 2007
Jun 29, 2007
|My Mind is 42% Cluttered|
Try to let go of your pettiest worries and concerns. The worrying is worse than the actual problems!
How Cluttered is Your Mind?
Take the TEST!
Jun 28, 2007
Kind of nasty looking huh? Most people don't realize that if you do not boil the gases out of your beans a couple times you end up eating it! Yuck!! Once all that white sediment comes floating up to the top you can drain your beans off and fill your pot up one more time and bring back to a boil again. It should look like this.
I would say that looks so much better. You might think it is a lengthy process but it really only adds about an extra 10 minutes on your time. Hey, you might have wasted that time doing mindless junk anyway! Beans are so good for you and they are full of fiber and protein, oh yes and very affordable. Enjoy!
Jun 26, 2007
Jun 25, 2007
Jun 24, 2007
Jun 23, 2007
Jun 20, 2007
The Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.
- I was born in Georgetown, Guyana (no, I did not know Jim Jones!)
- If I had unlimited bank, I would cook and feed anyone that wanted to be fed.
- The thing I love most about myself is my open mind. (my hair is not bad either!)
- I used to be very stuck up and snobby with no sense of humor. Boring!!
- I am a bargain addict! I love coupons and freebies so beware if you get stuck behind me in the grocery checkout line!
- I cringe at bad grammar, except when you are playing around. Nobody is perfect, right?
- I am a "girlie girl".
I have tagged the following friends:
- Tanyetta- Days like these
- Paula D- Ghetto Economics
- Foodette- Restaraunt Review World
- Shelliza- My Masala
- Diane- Black Educated Professional
- Beenzzz- Stealthybean
- msseymore- Gorgeous Puddin'
Jun 19, 2007
Jun 17, 2007
Jun 14, 2007
They decided to let poor Milo see and be a part of their nosey neighbors club. Now all of this was going on at midnight. Notice which one of the "responsible" parents was on the floor with the kids! LOL!!! That's my crazy family and I absolutely love 'em!